Photography of products is one of the essential components of a fruitful Amazon listing. It plays a significant role as it has a direct impact on the shoppers than a beautifully written description. Visual information is more rapidly transmitted to the brain than the written description. Shoppers hardly remember the description that they have read, but a picture tends to create a long-lasting impact in the mind of the shoppers.
There are tons of photos available on the internet. A seller must generate different and innovative images of his products to have a competitive edge. It is the best way to seek the attention of shoppers. If a seller is planning to sell its products on Amazon, he must search for various ways to make his product look unique and alluring. Photography of the product is the best way to stand out from the crowd.
A seller must be aware of the type of pictures he requires to present his brand or product. All the images displayed by Amazon are in square format. Amazon automatically includes white padding was necessary to make the image square. Due to this auto adjustment, product in the image may look smaller and may no longer create a prolonged visual impact. The first image that a shopper sees while browsing is the hero image. Various types of pictures are as follows:
- Product only images: It is an image with a pure white background. It contains only the item. It demonstrates the primary description and characteristics of the item. In the photo set, a seller must include more than one product only images by covering all the angles of the product, thereby making the analyzing process easy for the shoppers.
- Lifestyle images: In this type of photo, the product is placed where it is generally used. Mostly these images comprise of models making use of the product. These pictures help create a nonverbal impact in the mind of the shoppers and make them excited about the product.
Requirements of Amazon product photography
All the images in the photo set of a product must be according to certain technical guidelines. They must be in .gif, .jpg, .png or .tiff format. The preferred pixel dimensions of the image are at least 1000 or larger in either width or height. The colour mode used by the picture must be CMYK or RGB.
A hero image has different specifications which are as follows:
- It should be on a clear white background without having any product to avoid confusion.
- It should not be a demonstration of the item or should not include any graphic or text.
- It must populate 85 per cent of the space.
- There should not be any logo, excluded accessories, watermarks in the image.
Lifestyle images and product only images are the secondary images. Graphics can be added to lifestyle images and product only images, but they should not create any confusion. A seller must be careful before uploading any photograph. He must not hustle during the photography process and avoid uploading any unprofessional one as it will not represent the product adequately. The photography of the item directly influences conversions and clicks. Moreover, seller must not include any kind of graphic, text and demonstrations in the hero image.
Certain Amazon product photography guidelines are as follows:
- Creating an excellent impression: A shopper forms the first impression of the product from its hero image within a few seconds. Majority of buyers do not even read the description. Instead, their purchase decision is influenced by the image they see.
- Engaging customers: Mostly, shoppers get allured by the excellent quality images of the product, thereby making the buyers hop around the listing of the seller of that product. Good quality images enthral the attention of the buyers and encourage them to go through the description.
- Surging the perceived quality of the product: If the quality of the image of the product uploaded is bad, it will give an unprofessional and cheap look to the product thereby reducing the sale and rank of the product. Thus, people will refrain from making any purchase.
- Reinforcing the branding: Photo uploaded must depict the objective of the product brand. Brand image is not adequately represented if the picture is photoshopped. Shoppers also feel confident when they see a professional image of the product.
There are many brands and products available online. A seller has to do something more than just excellent visibility to allure the customers and to have a competitive advantage. Mood and sentiments of the customers can be evoked by an efficient photo set of a product. Plenty of products are there on Amazon, which does not evoke the emotions of the customers. A professional image with emotional touch will encourage the shoppers to make the desired purchase decision.
A seller must click the picture in natural light to have the real impact of the image. Emotions or feeling towards a product can be developed by making use of appropriate lighting, placement of item and props used during photography. These images much create a nonverbal interaction with the customers depicting how the product can be used.
A seller alone can’t click a professional and adequate quality image of the product. Thus, an experienced photographer with all the necessary equipments is perfect for performing the job. An experienced photographer cooperates with the customer directly and ensures that the image is of appropriate quality and can accurately represent the product. An expert is essential, particularly when the seller is new in Amazon business and has no knowledge about photography, thereby ensuring high position and sale.
Photography is one of the most vital elements of the product. Most of the purchase decisions of the shoppers depend on the image of the product, but the remaining elements cannot be neglected to make money. In the case of Amazon, a seller should try to do everything right to do anything right.