Organization and leadership development are interdependent. Individual progress leads to organizational progress. Strategic organizational development programs can help you reach your organizational rules. In Australia universities, private institutions, and government agencies, and companies offer various organizational courses and programs using up-to-date modern strategies for enhancing your professional skills to bring organizational development.
What is Organisational Development?
Organizational development can be referred to as the study and execution of techniques, systems, and practices that bring changes to the organization. The organizational development strategies are meant to modify the performance and work culture of an organization as a whole.
Nature Of Organizational Development Strategies
Organizational development strategies are interdisciplinary. They are heavily drawn from organizational and industrial psychology, sociology, motivation theories, personality, and learning. Behavioral science and psychology have given the primary foundation for the practice of organizational development. New multi-disciplinary approaches are also being used to design organizational development strategies like:
- Collaborative Learning
- Experiential Learning
- Action Research
- Human System Interventions
Phases Of Organisational Development Strategies
Organizational development strategies are useful for increasing the competence of an employee or a leader of an organization. The phases of organizational development strategies are as follows:
- Entering & Contracting- This is where the initial interaction between the consultant & the client takes place. In this stage, the clients tell about their requirements and the consultants explore, identify the issues, understand the situation and offer opportunities. After successful consultation a contract or project plan is designed and signed, establishing a business relationship. The contract is a preliminary agreement about the expectations & scope of the project such as money, resources & time.
- Diagnosis- This is the phase where the consultant assesses the current requirements and position of the organization. This phase tries to identify the prevailing issue or problem that is obstructing the organization’s progress.
- Data Collection & Analysis– To find organizational solutions, facts and data must be gathered from the stakeholders of the organization. After carefully analyzing the data given, the consultant firm can design an organizational development program exclusively for them.
- Feedback – This phase deals with the approval of the of organizational development strategy and program by the client. A review of the preliminary agreement, resource requirements, and scope is done. The result of this phase is an action plan that can solve the issues and bring organizational change and progress.
- Finding Solution- The organizational development program or the plan is meant to be the solution to organizational issues. It involves bridging gaps, enhancing the work efficiency of employees, and finding opportunities to bring organizational progress. Outcomes include a risk management plan, training curriculum, execution plan, etc.
- Evaluation – This is a continuous process. It involves the collection of formative and summative data for evaluation. This checks whether the intended goals are being met or not. Based on the evaluation further strategic changes are made.
So, take your organization to the next level by successfully implementing organizational development plans and strategies designed by leadership consulting firms.